Ingredients Needed for Mexican Rice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground beef
2 red onions, julienne sliced
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
1 cup beef stock
1 cup canned tomatoes
½ cup sweet corn
1 cup canned red beans
⅔ cup rice
1 green chili, thinly sliced
½ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Cook Mexican Rice
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep-skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook it until browned.
- Add the red onion, taco seasoning, and 3/4 of the beef stock. Give it a good stir.
- Add the canned tomatoes and stir for 10 seconds.
- Add the sweet corn and red beans. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, add the rice and pour the remaining stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. If necessary, add more stock, to make sure the rice is cooked through.
- Add the chili and Cheddar. Cook for 3-4 more minutes over low heat.
- You can serve with avocado cubes.