Ingredients Needed for Mexican Chicken and Quinoa Bowl
10 ounces of chicken breast, sliced
½ teaspoon paprika powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon chili flakes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 ounces of canned red beans
½ cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 red onion, thinly sliced
½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
7 ounces of quinoa, cooked
2 ounces of sweet corn
½ avocado, thinly sliced
shredded parmesan (for serving)
2 teaspoons of mayonnaise
1 spring onion, chopped
How to Make Mexican Chicken and Quinoa Bowl
- Add the chicken breast to a large bowl and season it with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin powder, chili flakes, and lime zest.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat and start cooking the chicken breast. Cook the chicken until evenly cooked, for around 15 minutes.
- Take out the chicken and add the red beans in the remaining fat. Pour the chicken stock and add the lime juice.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Take out the beans and start cooking the red onion.
- Add the red onion and bell pepper. Season with salt, pepper, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa in a serving bowl. If you don’t know how to cook quinoa, here is a small tutorial.
- Top the quinoa with the sauteed onion, red beans, chicken, corn, and avocado.
- You can serve with some topped parmesan, mayo, spring onion, and lime.