Ingredients Needed for Meringue-Topped Parmesan Biscuits
1 pound flour
2 ounces of butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup parmesan, shredded
½ cup sour cream
For the topping:
black sesame seeds
white sesame seeds
How to Cook Meringue-Topped Parmesan Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Place the flour in a bowl. Add the butter, a pinch of salt, and shredded parmesan. Slowly pour the sour cream, while stirring the flour. Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes until firm and smooth.
- Spread flour on your working surface. Place the dough in the middle of it. Grab your rolling pin and level the dough until 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick.
- Use a 2 inches (5 cm) diameter cooking ring to shape the biscuits – you should make around 16 biscuits. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the biscuits in it.
- Crack the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Place the egg whites in a large bowl and whisk them for 3-4 minutes until soft peaks form. Also, whisk the yolks.
- Coat the biscuits with egg yolk and top it with 1 tablespoon of meringue. Top the biscuits with walnuts, almonds, black and white sesame seeds, according to your preferences.
- Slide them in the oven for the next 20 minutes!