Meringue Filled Orange
Freshness, sweetness, a little bit of sourness, great aroma, and lots of vitamins! That’s what oranges are all about! Use these fruit to make amazing desserts. This one is worth trying: scoop out the pulp of the orange and fill it up with a meringue cream.
Ingredients Needed for Meringue Filled Orange
5 tablespoons of white sugar
¼ cup flour
¼ cup milk
⅓ cup orange juice
How to Make Meringue Filled Orange
- Remove the top of each orange.
- Scoop out the orange pulp and the juice.
- Squeeze the pulp to make orange juice.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Make a meringue mixture by whisking the egg whites. Gradually, add the remaining sugar and continue to whisk the egg whites.
- Heat a skillet and put in it the yolks, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the flour.
- Mix all the ingredients and add the milk, until you make a soft batter.
- Add the orange juice. Mix.
- Add the meringue mixture.
- Whisk them together until foamy.
- Pour the egg mixture into each orange.
- Put the oranges into a small baking tray and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F/170 degrees C.