Ingredients Needed for Meringue and Lemon Tart
7 ounces of butter biscuits
2 ounces of butter
4 egg yolks
1 cup condensed milk
½ cup lemon juice
4 egg whites
¾ cup sugar
How to Cook Meringue and Lemon Tart
- Add the biscuits and the butter to a stand mixer. Crush and mix until even.
- Transfer to an 8-inch tart pan and spread evenly. Bake for 8 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the yolks and condensed milk to a bowl. Mix until smooth using a hand mixer. Add the lemon juice in the process. Set aside.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl and start whisking using a hand mixer. Gradually add the sugar in the process. Whisk until firm.
- Pour the yolk mixture over the biscuit crust. Evenly spread it and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the sweet whisked whites to a piping bag. Top the tart with meringues. Bake for 35 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.