Ingredients Needed for Meringue and Berry Cheesecake
For the base:
7 ounces of digestive biscuits
1 tablespoon melted butter
For the filling:
1 cup blueberries (3-4 ounces)
½ cup raspberries (2 ounces)
⅔ cup cream cheese
½ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the topping:
2 cups of meringue
blueberries for garnishing
raspberries for garnishing
How to Cook Meringue and Berry Cheesecake
- For the base:
Add the biscuits to a mixer bowl and start mixing. Gradually add the melted butter while mixing.
- Transfer the mixture to a cheesecake form. Spread it evenly and gently press it using a spatula. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the filling:
Add the blueberries and raspberries to a mixer bowl and mix them together.
- Strain them into a bowl using a strainer and a spoon. Discard the remaining pulp.
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and the berry juice to a bowl. Mix them until smooth and even using a hand mixer.
- Layer this cream on top of the biscuit base. Spread it evenly using a spatula. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the topping:
Transfer the meringue cream to a piping bag. Form the meringues on top of the cream layer.
- Lightly char the meringues using a blowtorch. Garnish with blueberries and raspberries and refrigerate for 30 minutes.