Ingredients Needed for Mediterranean Veggie Stew
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 eggplant, diced
3 celerys sticks, sliced
1 onion, chopped
½ cup vegetable stock
2 garlic cloves, sliced
6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
½ cup tomato sauce
8 olives, sliced and without pit
1 tablespoon caper
¼ cup red wine vinegar
How to Cook Mediterranean Veggie Stew
- Heat a skillet and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add the eggplant and cook it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Separately, heat another skillet and add the remaining vegetable oil.
- Add the onion and celery sticks. Stir, and after about 30 seconds add the vegetable stock along with the garlic.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and the previously cooked eggplant.
- Add the tomato sauce and flavor with a small amount of thyme.
- Add in the olives, capers, red wine vinegar. Top with parsley and celery leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper and turn off the heat.