Meatballs in Tomato Sauce and Rice
When you’re craving for a satisfying meal, these meatballs in tomato sauce are a good option – they’re easy to make and go pretty well with any side dish. We paired them with rice, but you can serve with mashed potatoes or salad.
Ingredients Needed for Meatballs in Tomato Sauce and Rice
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon dried vegetables
½ teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 garlic cloves
vegetable oil for frying
4 cups of tomato sauce
1 basil leaves
3.5 ounces of feta cheese
2 tablespoons of rhode island sauce bun
How to Make Meatballs in Tomato Sauce and Rice
- Put the ground beef in a bowl.
- Add the dried vegetables, pepper, coriander powder, oregano, and salt.
- Add the breadcrumbs and flour.
- Crush the garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Add the eggs.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Shred the carrot and add it to the bowl.
- Combine the ingredients using your hands. Shape meatballs and place them on a plate.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet and fry the meatballs until golden brown.
- Line a large plate with paper towels and place the meatballs on it, to absorb the excess fat.
- Pour the tomato sauce in a baking dish.
- Add the basil leaves.
- Soak the fried meatballs in the sauce.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the meatballs.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with the cooked rice.
I used ground turkey and italian sausage in place of beef pork and veal. I used skim milk in place of the water and probably only used about 1/2 cup. I grilled the meatballs on foil pans about 8-10 minutes before turning. Yummy!
We’re so glad you liked it! Your variations seem… so delicious. 🙂