Ingredients Needed for Meatball Pizza With Pastry Dough
12 ounces of beef mince
½ cup panko
1 onion, shredded
vegetable oil for frying
1 puff pastry sheet
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 ounce shredded parmesan
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
1 ½ cups of milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
How to Cook Meatball Pizza With Pastry Dough
- You can start with the Bechamel sauce.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Separately, heat the milk in a different pan, until just about to boil. Slowly add the hot milk in the butter mixture, whisking continuously until very smooth.
- Cook for 10 more minutes, while stirring, and then remove from the heat. Season the sauce with salt and nutmeg and leave it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Use a large salad bowl and add in the minced beef. Break the egg and add in the bowl. Throw in the onion, salt, and pepper. Use your hands and mix everything until smooth, and then shape the meatballs.
- Heat a saucepan and pour enough vegetable oil. Deep-fry the meatballs for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, spread the pastry sheet and roundly shape it, in about 13 inches (32 cm) diameter.
- Add a thin layer of Bechamel over the pastry. One tablespoon should be enough. Top it with mozzarella, meatballs, and parmesan. Place it in the oven and bake it for about 20 minutes.
- Add valerian leaves, drizzle with olive oil, and serve!