Ingredients Needed for Meatball Pastry Pie
1 pound ground beef
½ cup parmesan, shredded
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
6 ounces of mozzarella
12 cherry tomatoes, halves
How to Make Meatball Pastry Pie
- Place the ground beef into a large bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper, and add the shredded parmesan.
- Break two eggs and add them into the bowl. Mix it with a tablespoon until smooth. Separately, whisk the other egg.
- Pinch off a piece of meat out of the mixture and shape it into a 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick ball. Continue until you’ve used all of the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Slice the pastry into 0.4 inch (1 cm) thick strips.
- Use the pastry strips, wrapping them around the meatballs. You can use one strip to wrap multiple meatballs.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place a cooking ring in the middle of the tray. Lay the pastry wrapped meatballs around the cooking ring, making the pie look like a honeycomb.
- Bake the pastry pie for the next 30 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and top it with mozzarella and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake the pie for the next 10 minutes!