Ingredients Needed for Meatball and Pasta Casserole
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, shredded
¼ cup breadcrumbs
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
vegetable oil for frying
2 ounces of butter
½ cup flour
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup beef stock
¼ cup milk
10 ounces of penne pasta
¼ cup mozzarella
How to Cook Meatball and Pasta Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef with the onion, egg, breadcrumbs, pepper, and salt.
- Mix the ingredients using your hands. Shape the mixture into small balls.
- Heat the vegetable oil and fry the meatballs, until they turn brown all over.
- In a separate skillet, melt the butter. Add the flour gradually and whisk to incorporate it evenly.
- Pour the heavy cream, the beef stock and the milk in the mixture and continue whisking until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the meatballs in the pan and coat them with the creamy mixture. Keep them on heat for a few more minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- Place the cooked pasta in a saucepan and add the meatball mixture. Mix everything together. Top it with the mozzarella.
- Bake it for 10 minutes.