Calories: 499 kCal / serving
- 17 g
- 36 g
- 28 g
Ingredients Needed for Meatball and Mozzarella Lattice Pie
1 tablespoon butter
7 ounces of pizza dough
2 tablespoons of olive oil
5 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
1 pound meatballs
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
How to Make Meatball and Mozzarella Lattice Pie
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees F/210 degrees C.
- Grab a round, 10-inch (25 cm) diameter baking dish. Grease the bottom with butter.
- Lay the pizza dough in the dish, entirely covering the bottom and sides. Remove the excess dough and keep it for later on.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add 2 garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper. Pinch the dough with a fork.
- Slide the dish into the oven for the next 15 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce to a large bowl. Add the basil, 2 garlic cloves, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Add half of the shredded mozzarella inside the baking dish. Pour half of the tomato sauce and lay the cooked meatballs.
- Top with the remaining tomato sauce, mozzarella, and chopped bell pepper.
- Cut the excess dough into thin strips. Arrange the strips of dough to make a lattice pattern.
- Mix the remaining olive oil and garlic in a small bowl. Spread the mixture using a brush.
- Slide the dish into the oven for the next 40 minutes at 410 degrees F/210 degrees C.