Ingredients Needed for Meat and Cheese Cannelloni
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, grated
1 pound minced meat
2 cups of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
½ cup white sauce
½ cup cheese, grated
How to Cook Meat and Cheese Cannelloni
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F/185 degrees C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped onion and cook it until soft. Add the grated carrot and cook them for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced meat, mix very well and season it with salt and pepper. Cook the mixture for 10 minutes or until the meat loses its pink color and turn brown.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook until the mixture comes to a boil. Add parsley.
- Fill cannelloni with the meat mixture and place in a single layer in an oven dish.
- Spread on top the white sauce and half of the grated cheese.
- Cover the cannelloni with aluminium foil and bake it for 25 minutes. Uncover, spread the remaining cheese and bake again for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Season with some more parsley and serve hot!