Ingredients Needed for Marinated Pork Chops With Chickpea Salad
½ teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 pound pork chops, 4 boneless chops
1 red onion, diced
2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
1 cup canned chickpeas
3.5 ounces of arugula
How to Cook Marinated Pork Chops With Chickpea Salad
- Add the lemon zest, chopped rosemary, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil to a medium bowl. Stir to make the marinade.
- Coat the pork chops with the marinade. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let the meat marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place a skillet on the stove without adding any fat in it. Lay the marinated pork chops in it and fry them for 3-4 minutes on each side. If necessary, flip them over once in a while. When ready, set them aside.
- Take another skillet and place it on the heat. Add the remaining marinade and the red onion. Cook the red onion until it softens.
- Add the sherry vinegar and 1-2 tablespoons of water. Simmer for 1 minute, until the sauce thickens slightly. Add the canned chickpeas, season with some salt and pepper, stir and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Combine the arugula leaves with cooked chickpeas and serve the salad with pork chops.