Ingredients Needed for Lime Cheesecake
1 pound cream cheese
½ cup sugar
¼ cup lime juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
7 ounces of digestive biscuit
3 ounces of butter, melted
For the merengue:
2 egg whites
½ cup sugar
How to Cook Lime Cheesecake
- Add the cream cheese into your mixer bowl. Set up your mixer at medium speed, and pour the sugar. Add the egg, and pour the lime juice, and vanilla extract.
- Mix everything until you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Place the biscuits in the blender and crush them. Add them in a bowl, and pour the melted butter over them. Mix until the butter is absorbed into the biscuits. Refrigerate for the next 3 hours.
- Grab a round cake tin and grease its bottom with butter. Add the crushed biscuits and evenly spread them into the pan. Press the biscuits with your hands until you evenly level them. Pour the wet mixture over the levelled biscuits and bake it for 15 minutes.
- Don’t turn off the heat when it’s ready, but increase it to 400°/200°C.
- In the meantime, add the egg whites in your mixer bowl, set it up over medium speed. Pour the sugar and mix until the mixture reaches stiff peaks.
- Evenly spread it on top of the cake. Slide it into the oven again, and cook it for the next 10 minutes. Shred a touch of lime zest on top before serving.