Ingredients Needed for Lentil Vegetable Soup
For the veggie mixture:
3 small tomatoes, wedged
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic head, halved
For the soup:
1 ounce butter
2 teaspoons of harissa
1 teaspoon sumac
3 teaspoons of olive oil
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup green lentils
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 spring onion, chopped (for garnishing)
How to Cook Lentil Vegetable Soup
- For the veggie mixture:
Add the tomatoes, bell peppers, olive oil, and garlic to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix using your hands.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Transfer the cooked veggies to a mixer bowl. See to it that only the garlic cloves are being transferred, without the hard garlic skins. Blend them.
- For the soup:
Transfer the mixture to a cooking pot over low-medium heat. Add the butter, harissa, sumac, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Start stirring and add the vegetable stock and green lentils in the process. Cover with the lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the dried parsley and stir it in. Remove the bubbling pot from heat.
- Serve garnished with chopped spring onion and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.