Lentil and Couscous Balls
A light, Middle-Eastern snack, these lentil and couscous balls sure should be tried if you’re a fan of this cuisine. You can add some mushrooms and onion to the mix, and serve them in a rich tomato sauce. Not bad for a vegetarian meal!
Ingredients Needed for Lentil and Couscous Balls
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
4 garlic cloves
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
5 mushrooms, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 cup cooked lentils
½ cup cooked couscous
½ teaspoon active dry yeast
1 bread slice, soaked into water
How to Make Lentil and Couscous Balls
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 garlic cloves and cook them until golden. Add the canned tomatoes, stir, and cook everything until the sauce thickens.
- Next, heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat, and add the remaining garlic cloves.
Add the onion, mushrooms, and soy sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and cook everything until golden.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Next, grab your blender and fill it with the cooked lentil, couscous, onion, and soaked bread. Add a pinch of active-dry yeast. Blend everything until smooth.
- Shape the mixture into 1.5 inches (4 cm) thick balls and place them in a ceramic baking dish.
- Keep it in the oven for the next 30 minutes.
- Serve them on top of the tomato sauce, with a touch of parsley sprinkled on top.