Ingredients Needed for Lentil and Rice Stuffed Eggplant
½ cup red lentil
½ cup rice
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon raisin
½ cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 ounce feta cheese
How to Make Lentil and Rice Stuffed Eggplant
- Add the lentil and rice into 2 separate saucepans and pour around 1 cup of water into each of them.
- Cook them for around 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Vertically slice the eggplant into halves and place the halves in a baking tray.
- Drizzle them with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes.
- Scoop the inside of the eggplants and thinly chop them. Keep the skins for later.
- Heat a teaspoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and cumin powder. Cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion in a large bowl along with the chopped eggplant, lentil, rice, and raisins. Season with salt, pepper, and mix.
- Fill the eggplant skins with the rice and lentil mixture. Add them in a baking tray.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, tomato sauce, sugar, and give it a stir.
- Cook the sauce for 1-2 minutes until it thickens.
- Drizzle the tomato sauce over the eggplants and top them with some crumbled feta cheese.