Ingredients Needed for Lentil and Chickpea Soup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons of caraway seeds
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon paprika
1 small red onion, sliced
1 ounce cilantro stems
1 cup vegetable stock
1 ½ cups of canned lentils
1 ½ cups of canned chickpeas
¾ cup canned tomatoes
⅓ cup tomato paste
2 tablespoons of yogurt for serving
fresh parsley for garnishing (chopped)
How to Make Lentil and Chickpea Soup
- Add the oil, caraway seeds, cloves, and paprika to a medium cooking pot over low heat. Cook and stir until the oil heats.
- Add the red onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the cilantro stems and vegetable oil. Season with salt and stir in. Bring to a boil.
- Add the lentils, chickpeas, canned tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Stir them in, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cilantro stems. Serve with yogurt and garnished with fresh parsley.