Ingredients Needed for Lemon Pound Cake
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons of tapioca starch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon flour
3 tablespoons of coconut cream
How to Cook Lemon Pound Cake
- Use a large bowl to add the eggs, vegetable oil, maple syrup (reserve one tablespoon for later), lemon juice and lemon zest. Blend them together using a hand mixer until fluffy and pale.
- While mixing, add the coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking powder and a bit of salt.
- Coat a loaf pan with olive oil using a cooking spray, then sprinkle it with flour and pour the mixture.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Use a small bowl and a teaspoon to mix together the coconut butter, a tablespoon of lemon juice, and a tablespoon of maple syrup until you have an orange color mixture.
- After removing the loaf from the oven, use a brush to coat it with the coconut glaze. Top it with lemon slices and serve it!