Ingredients Needed for Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken
1 whole chicken
4 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 lemon, sliced
2 small sweet potatoes, sliced
0.5 broccoli head
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons of cream cheese
How to Cook Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken
- Place the chicken on a baking tray, rub it well with garlic – use one or two garlic clove halves.
- Drizzle it with oil and sprinkle salt on it.
- Stuff it with the garlic, fresh rosemary sprigs, lemon, and onion.
- Truss it with string to prevent the stuffing from escaping.
- Roast the chicken for 45 minutes at 400⁰ F/200⁰ C.
- Fill a bigger saucepan halfway with water and heat it over low heat.
- Add the sweet potato and some salt and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- After the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and add 1/2 cup of water in the baking tray, place the broccoli florets around the roasted chicken and drizzle it with some lemon juice.
- Roast for another 15 minutes at 400⁰ F/200⁰ C.
- Add the sweet potato, some salt and pepper, vegetable oil, chives, and cream cheese in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve the chicken together with some sweet potato mash and broccoli.