Ingredients Needed for Lemon Drizzle Cake
7 ounces of butter (cubed, at room temperature)
½ cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons of lemon zest
¼ cup lemon juice
⅓ cup powdered sugar
How to Make Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Add the butter and sugar to a bowl. Beat using a hand mixer to combine the ingredients.
- Add gradually the eggs while mixing more. Mix until the sugar melts. Add the flour and incorporate it. Do the same with the lemon zest.
- Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with parchment paper. Transfer the creamy batter to the pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Mix the lemon juice and powdered sugar together in a small bowl. Remove the pan from oven and poke holes into the crust using the end of a teaspoon or a knife.
- Cover the cake with the lemon glaze. Let the cake cool completely before slicing and serving it.