Ingredients Needed for Lemon and Almond Bars
For the dough:
2 cups of almond flour
1 ounce butter, melted
¼ cup glucose syrup
For the lemon cream:
1 tablespoon gelatin, powder
2 teaspoons of butter
½ cup lemon juice
6 egg yolks
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
How to Cook Lemon and Almond Bars
- Add the almond flour in a large bowl. Add the melted butter, glucose syrup, and lemon zest. Mix everything using a tablespoon until the mixture has the aspect of crumbs.
- Line a 10 X 10 inches glass baking dish with parchment paper and evenly spread the mixture inside it. Refrigerate it for the next 2 hours.
- Mix the gelatin in a small bowl with 1-2 tablespoons of water. Leave it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F/160 degrees C.
- Next, heat a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter in it and melt it. Reduce the heat. Add 1/2 cup of water, lemon juice, lemon zest, and egg yolks while whisking. Whisk for 30 seconds more.
- Pass the liquid mixture through a strainer, and mix the obtained liquid with gelatin and xanthan gum.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the almond mixture and spread it evenly.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake the cake for 15 more minutes.