1 pound lamb leg, chopped
1 medium onion, quartered
1 teaspoon dried coriander
1 teaspoon ginger powder
½ cup yogurt
1 teaspoon butter
3 ounces of almonds
1 tablespoon pine nuts
1 ½ cups of cooked basmati rice
4 tortilla wraps
fresh parsley for garnishing
- Add the chopped lamb to a cooking pot over medium heat. Add water until the meat is completely submerged. Stir.
- Add the onion, dried coriander, and ginger powder. Season with salt and pepper. Stir them in.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the lamb is fork-tender. While cooking it skim off the foam. Transfer the meat to a plate and set the meat cooking liquid aside (don’t discard it yet).
- Add the yogurt to a smaller bowl. Mix in 3 – 4 tablespoons of liquid from the lamb cooking. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the almonds and pine nuts. Stir and toast for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice to a bowl. Mix in the fried almonds and pine nuts.
- Layer the almond rice on tortilla wraps. Top with the cooked lamb, season with yogurt sauce, and garnish with parsley.