Calories: 1199 kCal / serving
- 82 g
- 41 g
- 77 g
Ingredients Needed for Lamb Shanks With Puff Pastry Ravioli and Tomato Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 lamb shanks s, approx. 1 pound each
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon grenadine syrup
½ puff pastry sheet, thawed
½ cup cream cheese
How to Make Lamb Shanks With Puff Pastry Ravioli and Tomato Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb shanks and fry them on both sides until they have that golden-brown crust.
- Pour the chicken stock, reduce the heat and cover the pan with a lid. Cook the lamb for 45 minutes, until the stock reduces by half and the meat is tender.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the tomato sauce, dried basil, sugar, and grenadine syrup.
- Stir, and cook the sauce for 3-4 minutes.
- In order to make the ravioli, spread some flour on your working surface, and add the puff pastry. Split it into 5 long and thin strips.
- Mix the cream cheese with parsley. Spread the mixture over the pastry strips.
- Grab the left side of one of the strips and press it towards the opposite end. Do the same for the remaining puff pastry.
- Use a crinkle cutter and cut the strips into 0.4 inch (1 cm) thick small pastries, with the aspect of ravioli.
- Add them in a saucepan full of simmering water and boil them for 5 minutes.
- When the lamb is ready, serve it with the tomato sauce and the pasta.