1 teaspoon dried chives
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon thyme powder
1 lamb shank (3-4 pounds)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup white wine
8 small-medium potatoes
- Add the chives, Cajun seasoning, garlic, oregano, and thyme to a small bowl. Mix them until even.
- Place the lamb shank on the work surface and coat it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then rub it with the spice mixture.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the lamb shank on it.
- Pour the white wine directly in the tray. This way the spice coating won’t wash away.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 3 hours at 320⁰F/160⁰C.
- Add the potatoes to a baking tray, poke them with a fork and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and bake for 30 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.