Ingredients Needed for Lamb Rolls Stuffed With Mint and Cheese
1 pound boneless lamb leg
1 mint leaf, fresh
3.5 ounces of goat cheese
0.75 inch - ginger root, peeled
15 rosemary sprigs
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to Cook Lamb Rolls Stuffed With Mint and Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Butterfly each lamb slice: lay the lamb slice on the cutting board. Take your knife and make short smooth strokes horizontally down the middle of the filet. Cut almost all the way through the meat but stop before severing the two halves completely.
- Now, open the two halves like a butterfly spreading its wings. You cand tenderize the meat with a pounder.
- Make 2 rolls. Take the first lamb slice.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Lay the mint leaves on the meat, side by side. Keep 2-3 mint leaves for later use.
- Crumble half of the goat cheese on the lamb slice.
- Grate some ginger root on it.
- Roll the lamb slice with the filling inside.
- Use the butcher’s string to tie the roll: start at one end. Pass one end of the string underneath the meat one to two inches from the tip, cross the ends of the string on top of the meat, and tie a knot.
- Trim the shorter length of excess string close to the knot. Hold the remaining, longer string above the meat with your left hand, and loop it around your right hand.
- Using your right hand, slide the loop under the meat, pulling the string tight with your left hand until the loop is snugly in place one to two inches below the first loop. Make a knot to secure the new loop.
- Repeat every one to two inches, making evenly spaced and knotted loops, until you reach the rightmost tip of the tenderloin.
- When you’ve made your final loop, one to two inches from the tip, pull the string tight, tie it into a knot, and trim the excess string.
- Repeat for the second lamb stuffed roll.
- Place rosemary sprigs under the strings, but keep some for later use.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over them, then season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the remaining rosemary sprigs in a ceramic baking tray.
- Place the lamb stuffed rolls on them.
- Roast for 35 minutes.
- Mix the remaining olive oil with the white wine vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Chop the remaining mint leaves and add them to the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the roll and serve it with aromatic sauce, and a light side or a fresh salad.