Calories: 626 kCal / serving
- 8 g
- 41 g
- 47 g
Ingredients Needed for Lamb Roll Stuffed With Mushrooms and Spinach
3.5 ounces of butter
3.5 ounces of mushroom, chopped
1 baby spinach
⅓ teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons of cream cheese
25 ounces of boneless lamb ribs
1 rosemary sprig
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic head, cut horizontally
For the peppercorn sauce:
1 teaspoon butter
½ cup beef stock
1 tablespoon red peppercorns
1 teaspoon red peppercorns, cracked
2 tablespoons of white wine
1 tablespoon brandy
2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon cornflour, as a thickener
1 teaspoon cold water
How to Make Lamb Roll Stuffed With Mushrooms and Spinach
- Heat a skillet and melt in it 1 ounce (30 grams) of butter.
- Add the mushrooms, stir, and fry them. Set aside.
- Take another skillet and melt in it 2 ounces (55 grams) of butter.
- Cook the baby spinach.
- Put the mushrooms and baby spinach in the same bowl.
- Add the nutmeg, some salt and pepper, the egg, and the cream cheese.
- Place the ribs on your workspace.
- Spread the mushrooms and baby spinach mixture over the ribs.
- Add the rosemary leaves.
- Roll the rack and use a piece of kitchen-safe string to tie the rolled ribs.
- How to tie the ribs roll:
- Place the end of the string underneath the meat. Make a tight double knot. Make a loop around your left hand, fingers up. Now turn your hand, so your fingers face the meat. Let the loop fall onto the meat and remove your hand. There’s a loose knot where the twine crosses. Lift up the meat and pull the loop around it. Tighten the loop around the meat. Repeat this until you reach the end of the meat. At the end, make a double tight knot around the last loop and cut off the excess twine.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet. Add the remaining butter.
- Lay the garlic heads cut side down in the skillet. Add the fresh oregano and rosemary leaves.
- Place the ribs roll to the skillet and fry it on all sides.
- When the ribs are fried on the surface, lay the roll on a ceramic baking tray and pour over the oil and butter mixture from the skillet.
- Roast for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the red peppercorn sauce:
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the red peppercorns and cook for 20 seconds in bubbling butter. Add the stock, wine and bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce and cook off the alcohol. Add the heavy cream and cook for a further 5 minutes for the sauce to thicken slightly. Whisk and put in corn flour mixed with the chilled water. Whisk for a further minute for the sauce to thicken.
- Slice the mushrooms and spinach stuffed roast lamb roll and serve with wedges potatoes and red peppercorn sauce.