Ingredients Needed for Lamb Mince and Mashed Potato Cheesy Casserole
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound lamb mince
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tomato, diced
6 mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ cup tomato sauce
1 cup cheddar, shredded
How to Cook Lamb Mince and Mashed Potato Cheesy Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Peel and cut the potatoes. Add them to the boiling water and cook until fork tender (usually about 20 minutes).
- Move the potatoes into a separate bowl and optionally add butter and milk. Mash everything until smooth. Let the mashed potatoes aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the lamb mince and season it with salt and pepper.
- Cook it for a few minutes until the meat starts to brown, and add the garlic, onion, carrot, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Put a lid on top of the skillet and cook the lamb mince for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, parsley, and keep cooking until the tomato sauce reduces by half.
- Add the lamb mixture on the bottom of an oven tray. Top it with the mashed potatoes, and then with Cheddar.
- Roast the casserole for the next 35 minutes!