Ingredients Needed for Lamb Liver Pate With Garlic Glaze
For the lamb-veggie puree: 2 ounces of butter
4 ounces of bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
9 ounces of lamb liver, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 ounce brandy
1 bay leaf
1 ounce crème fraîche
pepper For the almond flakes: 2 ounces of almond flakes
salt For the garlic glaze: 1 ounce butter
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon peppercorns
1 garlic clove, sliced
How to Cook Lamb Liver Pate With Garlic Glaze
- For the lamb-veggie puree:Start melting 1 ounce of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is tender and the bacon starts changing color.
- Add the lamb liver. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes.
- Keep adding the tomato sauce, brandy, and bay leaf. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes more.
- Pick the cooked lamb pieces and add them to a bowl. Set them aside. Also, pick and discard the bay leaf.
- Add the creme fraiche to the skillet and stir a little. Transfer it to the blender. Add the cooked liver and puree them. Add the other ounce of butter, season with salt and pepper, and pulse again. Set aside.
- For the almond flakes:Add the almond flakes to a saucepan or skillet and season them with salt. Stir-fry them until golden brown. Set aside.
- For the garlic glaze:Start melting the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the thyme, peppercorns, and garlic. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Coat two ramekins with some of this, then transfer the blended mixture into a piping bag.
- Fill the ramekins with it, then top with the garlic glaze. Refrigerate overnight.
- Spread on slices of bread or toast and top with fried salted almond flakes.