Ingredients Needed for Lamb Leg With Sweet Potatoes
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon sumac
2 pounds of lamb leg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 sweet potatoes
1 cup canned chickpeas
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ lemon, sliced
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 garlic head, horizontally sliced
How to Cook Lamb Leg With Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.
- Add the coriander and mustard seeds in a mortar and crush them.
- Mix them with salt, sumac, salt, and pepper.
- Use the spice mix to coat the lamb leg.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb leg and cook it for 2 minutes per side.
- Add the sweet potatoes in a baking dish. Add the chickpeas and a small drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the lemon, parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic head and lamb leg.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 80 minutes.