Ingredients Needed for Lamb and Couscous Patties with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 sweet potatoes, cut into sticks
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3 ounces of couscous
⅔ cup boiled water
8 ounces of lamb mince
1 green onion, chopped
1 carrot, shredded
How to Cook Lamb and Couscous Patties with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Add the sweet potato sticks to a baking dish and drizzle with vegetable oil. Season with salt and smoked paprika and bake for 35 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- Add the couscous to a smaller bowl and cover it with the boiled water. Cover with a plate and let it soak for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the lamb mince, soaked couscous, spring onion, carrot, and egg to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even.
- Shape meatballs or patties with the mince mixture. We’ve got 12.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat and add the patties. Grill them for 5-6 minutes on both sides, or until they’re browned. You may have to cook them in 2 batches, depending on the size of your pan.
- Serve them with the sweet potato sticks and with a white dip, if so desire.