Calories: 658 kCal / serving
- 36 g
- 10 g
- 109 g
Ingredients Needed for Lahmajoun With Yogurt Topping
For the dough:
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ cup milk
4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups of water
For the onion-bel pepper mix:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
½ pickled red bell pepper, chopped
Preparing the meat:
10 ounces of minced meat
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
4 leaves fresh mint
For the yogurt mix:
1 ¼ cups of yogurt
5 teaspoons of fresh parsley, chopped
fresh parsley for garnishing)
How to Make Lahmajoun With Yogurt Topping
- For the dough:
Add the active dry yeast, sugar, and milk in a small bowl. Mix them.
- Strain the flour into the mixing bowl (keep some for later, when you’ll knead the dough), add the salt and active dry yeast mix. Start mixing until you have a dough. Add the water while mixing. Then set it aside and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- For the onion-bell pepper mix:
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat.
- Add the onion and pickled red bell pepper in the skillet. Cook and stir until the onion is tender.
- Preparing the meat:
Add the minced meat, tomato sauce, paprika powder, curry powder, chili flakes, pepper, salt, and mint in a large bowl. Add the onion-bell pepper mixture, and combine them all.
- For the dough (again):
Spread some flour on the work surface, knead the dough a bit and portion it into 5 lumps.
- Take each lump of dough, press it with the hand to flatten it, roll it out with a rolling pin, giving it an ovoid form. Spread minced meat mix on it.
- Bake them for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- For the yogurt mix:
Add the yogurt, fresh parsley, lime juice, and some pepper in a bowl and mix them.
- Serve each lahmajoun with some yogurt mix spread on it.