Ingredients Needed for Lahmajoun with Yogurt and Hot Mango Sauce
For the dough:
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ cup milk
4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups of water
For the onion-bell pepper mix:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
Preparing the meat:
10 ounces of minced meat
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
4 leaves fresh mint
5 tablespoons of spicy mango sauce
For the yogurt mix:
1 ¼ cups of yogurt
5 teaspoons of chili flakes
5 teaspoons of dried oregano
5 teaspoons of curry powder
fresh parsley (for garnishing)
How to Cook Lahmajoun with Yogurt and Hot Mango Sauce
- For the dough:
Add the active dry yeast, sugar, and milk. Mix them.
- Strain the flour into the mixing bowl, add the salt, and active dry yeast mix. Start mixing until you have a dough. Also, while mixing add the water. Set aside and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- For the onion-bell pepper mix:
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat.
- Add the onion and red bell pepper. Cook and stir until the onion is tender.
- Preparing the meat:
Add the minced meat, tomato sauce, paprika powder, curry powder, chili flakes, pepper, salt, mint and onion-bell pepper mix. Mix them.
- For the dough (again):
Spread flour on the work surface, knead the dough a bit and portion it into 5 lumps.
- Take each lump of dough, press it with the hand to flatten it, roll it out with a rolling pin, giving it an ovoid form. Spread a tablespoon of hot sauce with mango on each flattened dough piece.
- Make small patties from the minced-meat mix and place 4-5 on each flattened dough piece.
- Bake them for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- For the yogurt mix:
Add the yogurt, chili flakes, dried oregano, curry powder and some pepper into a bowl and mix them.
- Serve each lahmajoun with some yogurt mix spread on it.