Ingredients Needed for Kwanzaa Cake
2 cups of milk
½ cup sugar
3 ounces of instant vanilla pudding
1 store-bought cake
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 ounces of apricot jam
1 ounce popped popcorn
1 teaspoon corn nuts
1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
4 strawberries, for decorating
8 raspberries, for decorating
10 blueberries, for decorating
How to Make Kwanzaa Cake
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Keep 2 tablespoons for mixing with the dry pudding.
Add the sugar to the saucepan and whisk it.
- Mix the vanilla pudding with the remaining milk in a separate bowl until the ingredients combine.
Mix everything and pour it over the heated milk. Whisk, and continue cooking the pudding according to the instructions on the package.
- Slice off the top of the food cake, around 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Scoop its inside, and slice the remaining food cake horizontally into halves.
- Mix the vanilla pudding with cinnamon, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract.
- Glue the food cake halves with the pudding, and spread the remaining on the sides and top of it.
Pour the apricot jam inside the food cake.
- Decorate it with popcorn and corn nuts on the sides, and pumpkin seeds on top. Decorate with fresh fruit.