Calories: 482 kCal / serving
- 62 g
- 11 g
- 32 g
Ingredients Needed for Korean Fried Octopus
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons ginger, grated
1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice mix
1 teaspoon peppercorns
1 teaspoon dried coriander
2 star anise
2 pounds octopus
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon lemongrass, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons mango sauce
1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
4 slices of lime
1 carrot, julienned
4 leaves lettuce, chopped
2 spring onions, julienned
1 chili pepper, sliced
sesame seeds (for seasoning)
How to Make Korean Fried Octopus
- Fill a pot with up to 1 liter of water, salt it and add 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of grated ginger, the Chinese spice mix, peppercorns, coriander, and star anise. Stir in.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the octopus tentacles, cover with the lid and boil for 10 more minutes.
- Transfer the boiled tentacles on a plate on paper towels.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, and the remaining ginger to a smaller pot over low-medium heat. Stir. Add the lemongrass.
- Add the lemon juice, honey, mango sauce, hoisin sauce, and rice vinegar. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining soy sauce and 2-3 tablespoons of water if necessary. Stir and simmer for the next 10 minutes.
- Use some of this sauce to coat the boiled tentacles.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat, then add the sauce-coated tentacles.
- Grill for 4 minutes on both sides.
- Add the lime slices, cook for a few more seconds, and remove from heat.
- Add the carrot, lettuce, spring onions, and chili pepper to a medium bowl. Pour the dressing on top of them, add a dash or two of sesame seeds and mix.
- Serve the salad with grilled tentacles.