Ingredients Needed for Kale and Portobello Lasagna
4 ounces of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 roasted sweet pepper, thickly chopped
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ cups of ricotta
1 cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
7 ounces of portobello mushrooms, cubed
1 teaspoon chili flakes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 ounces of kale, chopped
4 cooked lasagna sheets
How to Cook Kale and Portobello Lasagna
- Add the cherry tomatoes, roasted sweet pepper, oregano, and sugar to a blender. Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, ricotta, and some 1/2 of your grated mozzarella to a bowl. Mix until smooth using a spatula. Set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil and mushrooms to a skillet over low heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Season with chili flakes, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the kale. Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Start layering all the stuff in an 8 x 4 x 1.5 inches (20 x 10 x 4 cm) baking dish. First, evenly spread 1/2 of your cherry tomato and sweet pepper blend, then add 2 lasagna sheets.
- Spread 1/2 of your ricotta mixture, add 1/2 of your cooked veggies and lay the other two lasagna sheets.
- Continue by layering the remaining cooked veggie mixture, ricotta mixture, and the tomato and pepper blend. Top with the remaining grated mozzarella. Bake for 50 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.