Calories: 669 kCal / serving
- 9 g
- 43 g
- 68 g
Ingredients Needed for Kaaju Barfi
3 slices of crustless bread
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup coconut flakes
3.5 ounces of cashews, crumbled
1 tablespoon rose water
3.5 ounces of butter
vegetable oil for greasing the dish
maple syrup for serving
more crumbled cashews for garnishing
How to Make Kaaju Barfi
- Pulse the crustless bread slices in a food processor to make fresh breadcrumbs.
- Add the fresh breadcrumbs and milk to a bowl. Mix once or twice then let the breadcrumbs soak for a few minutes.
- Add the sugar and coconut flakes to a saucepan over low heat. Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the crumbled cashews and rose water. Stir for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the soaked breadcrumbs and the butter. Cook and stir until it melts.
- Grease with vegetable oil a square dish. Transfer the cashew mixture to it, gently press it to spread it evenly, then refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with crumbled cashews.