Ingredients Needed for Italian-Style Eggplant
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon oregano
2 tablespoons of olive oil
5 ounces of mozzarella
How to Cook Italian-Style Eggplant
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Heat a pan and add vegetable oil.
- Add garlic and tomato sauce. Season with oregano, salt and pepper and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Slice the eggplant into 0.4 inch (1 cm) thick slices.
- Brush them with olive oil and sprinkle a pinch of oregano and salt.
- Bake them for 15 minutes. Leave the oven heated.
- Take them out of the oven and using a spoon cover their top surface with the previously cooked tomato sauce. Add mozzarella on top.
- Put them back in the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- When ready, serve with parmesan.