Ingredients Needed for Iranian Rice
2 cups of water
orange peel from one orange
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup orange blossom water
¼ cup pecan nuts
¼ cup almonds
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup raisins
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large carrot, julienne sliced
1 cinnamon stick
2 cardamom seeds
5 ounces of rice
How to Cook Iranian Rice
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, and add 2 cups of water in it.
- Bring to a boil and sift the orange peel.
- Add the sugar in a bowl and mix it with 3/4 of the orange blossom water.
- Next, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the pecan nuts, almonds, cranberries, and raisins. Toast them for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a separate skillet over medium heat, and add 1 tablespoon of water and orange blossom mixture.
- Add the vegetable oil, carrot, orange peel, and cinnamon stick.
- Add the cardamom seeds and 1/4 cup of water. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the carrots and orange peel.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, and add the salt in it.
- Add the rice and remaining orange blossom water.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package and drain it.
- Add the rice in a large oven-proof bowl, bottom-greased. Add into the oven for 30 minutes at 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.
- Take the rice out of the oven and add it in a large bowl. Add the toasted nuts and fruits, and orange peel.
- Mix everything until smooth.