Ingredients Needed for Hungarian Fried Bread (Langos)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon dry yeast
½ cup hot water
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups of flour
vegetable oil for frying
sour cream (optional)
feta cheese (optional)
How to Cook Hungarian Fried Bread (Langos)
- Add the sugar and yeast in a bowl and cover them with hot water.
- Mix well and cover the bowl with a towel. Let it activate for 10 minutes.
- Add the mixture into your food processor along with the salt and flour.
- Mix until you obtain a smooth, sticky dough. Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Shape the dough into 3 inches (7.5 cm) diameter flat rounds.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over high heat.
- Fry the dough rounds until golden and crispy.
- For the toppings, you can use sour cream, shredded cheese, or jam.