Calories: 665 kCal / serving
- 92 g
- 23 g
- 24 g
Ingredients Needed for Hot Potato Gratin
2 jalapenos peppers, slices
2 ounces of low-moist mozzarella, shredded
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
1 ½ cups of milk
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon nutmeg
How to Make Hot Potato Gratin
- Start with the bechamel sauce.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Separately, heat the milk in a pan, until just about to boil. Slowly add the hot milk to the butter mixture, whisking continuously until the mixture is very smooth, with no lumps.
- Cook for 10 more minutes, while constantly stirring, and then remove from the heat.
- Season the sauce with salt and nutmeg and leave it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- Take a baking dish (about 4 inches/10 cm diameter) and coat its bottom with bechamel sauce.
- Add a layer of potato slices, sprinkle salt and pepper, grate nutmeg, and add some jalapeno slices.
- Continue with bechamel, potatoes, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and finally jalapeno. You should get about 5 layers of potatoes.
- Top the casserole with low-moisture mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then test the potatoes. If needed, bake more.