Ingredients Needed for Hot Mexican Pizza
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 onions, diced
2 teaspoons of fajita seasoning
1 pound flour
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ cup yogurt
3 ounces of bacon, diced or julienned
frozen vegetable mix
⅓ cup bbq sauce
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
7 ounces of cheddar, grated
arugula for garnishing
How to Make Hot Mexican Pizza
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over low-medium heat and add the diced onions. Season with 1 teaspoon of fajita seasoning, then cook and stir until tender. Set aside.
- Add the flour, yeast, chili flakes, and dried oregano to the dough mixer bowl. Generously season with salt, add the cooked onion and the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil and start mixing.
- Add the yogurt and gradually add the water too, in the process. Mix until you have a dough.
- Let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Stir in and add the frozen vegetable mix. Cook and stir for 7 minutes.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of fajita seasoning, stir in and remove from heat.
- Dust the work surface with flour and add the dough. Knead it a little and flatten it using the rolling pin.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the flattened dough to it. Coat it with the BBQ sauce.
- Add the cooked bacon and veggie mixture and spread it evenly. Top with the sliced onion, tomato slices, and grated cheddar. Bake for 15 minutes at 460⁰F/230⁰C.
- Serve it garnished with arugula.