Ingredients Needed for Hot Chorizo Mexican Pizza
1 ¼ cups of flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
⅓ cup milk
⅓ cup salsa
⅔ cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
2 ounces of chorizo, thinly sliced (some 15 slices)
⅓ cup sweet corn
5 ounces of cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered (10 tomatoes)
2 green chilis, sliced
1 ounce mushrooms, sliced (1 – 2 mushrooms)
⅓ cup canned red beans
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
How to Cook Hot Chorizo Mexican Pizza
- Sift 1 cup of flour into a bowl. Add the dried oregano and curry powder, season with salt, and stir well.
- Make a hole in the center of the flour and add in there the dry yeast and 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Carefully mix until even using a teaspoon, then cover the bowl with a kitchen towel. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining milk and mix until you have a dough using a tablespoon and your hands. Add the remaining flour in the process. Again cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
(The dough should be enough for 2 pizzas, but you can make one now, and freeze half of the dough for later.)
- Spread some flour on your work surface and on the dough and flatten it. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the flattened dough on it.
- Spread the salsa on it, then do the same with most of the grated mozzarella. Top with the chorizo, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, green chilis, mushrooms, and the remaining mozzarella. Bake for 25 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Remove from oven and top with the red beans and fresh parsley. Slice and serve. This is a pizza for 2.