Hot and Spicy Pork Mince
Care for something hearty and savory, anyone? Then give a try to this combination of minced pork and spices, cooked together in a flat-bottomed wok. The mince gets a real kick from the chili, garam masala, ginger, and turmeric combined. Get creative and pair it with anything you think it’s better. You can even use it as a filling!
Ingredients Needed for Hot and Spicy Pork Mince
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
14 ounces of pork mince
1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 ½ cups of water
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Hot and Spicy Pork Mince
- Heat the oil in a flat-bottomed wok over low heat and add the onion. Stir and cook until tender.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the pork mince. Break the mince apart in crumbles using a spatula. Cook and stir until it browns.
- Season with salt, add the ginger, red chili powder, chili flakes, garam masala, and coriander powder. Stir well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, stir once or twice, and add the water. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes more, cover with the lid, and leave on low heat until the water evaporates.
- Add the parsley and stir for 1-2 minutes more. Remove from heat and serve.
Doesn’t say how much water to add
You’re right Margaret, we missed that one. 1.5 cups should be enough. We made the necessary changes. Thank you!
My family enjoyed what I ended up doing accidentally with this recipe. When I was seasoning with salt, the lid fell off and most of the contents of the shaker fell in. I couldn’t remove it all and ended up using 2 cups of water to dilute it (instead of 1.5), simmered for 10mins, rather than until water was evaporated, and thickened with cornflour. It ended up a curried mince feeding 4. We are more medium hot in our tastes, so it had the effect of diluting the heat as well, I think. It would be an amazing spicy pork mince, cooked to the recipe, which I shall try to do again another time. I used 500g pork mince.
Wow, Tania! 😀 It seems like you fought a real battle there! And you won! Congrats! 🎈🎈🎈✌
If accidently over salted: chop up small diced potato, it will absorb excess salt.
Good piece of advice, Lorraine! Thank you, thank you, thank you! 🙂