Ingredients Needed for Honey Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
10 ounces of butternut squash, diced
2 tablespoons of honey
1 tablespoon butter
2 onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves
2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 cups of vegetable stock
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cup sweet corn
sour cream (optional)
fresh parsley (optional)
How to Cook Honey Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Add the diced squash in a baking dish. Drizzle the honey over it.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 15 minutes.
- Next, heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and melt it.
- Add the onion, garlic, and carrot.
- Pour the vegetable stock and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, paprika, and sage.
- Give it a good stir and cover it with a lid. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn and roasted squash. Keep it on heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Move the liquid into the blender and blend everything until smooth.
- Optionally, you can serve the dish with sour cream and chopped parsley.