Ingredients Needed for Homemade Tiramisu
1 cup powdered sugar
¼ cup vanilla sugar
9 ounces of mascarpone
2 teaspoons of rum essence
2 cups of coffee
1 tablespoon cognac
14 ounces of ladyfinger
How to Cook Homemade Tiramisu
- First crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Place the egg yolks in a large bowl. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla powder. Mix until smooth and creamy. Add half of the rum essence.
- Add the mascarpone and mix it into the egg yolk mixture.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl. Set up your mixer at high speed and mix them until stiff peaks appear.
- Place the whipped cream over the first mixture and mix it until smooth.
- Mix the coffee, rum essence, and cognac in a large bowl.
- Soak half of the ladyfingers in the mixture and place them on the bottom of an oven tray, covering it entirely.
- Evenly spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Next repeat the steps. Add 1 more layer using the remaining mascarpone mixture and ladyfingers.
- Refrigerate it overnight and serve it the day after.