Ingredients Needed for Homemade Snickers Bars
For the chocolate biscuit base:
7 ounces of chocolate crackers
¼ cup melted butter
For the milk chocolate layer:
7 ounces of milk chocolate
For the white chocolate layer:
2 ounces of butter
1 cup condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
7 ounces of white chocolate
1 cup peanuts
For the caramel layer:
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon golden syrup
1 teaspoon water
2 ounces of butter
1 teaspoon salt
For the top chocolate layer:
4 ounces of milk chocolate
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
How to Make Homemade Snickers Bars
- For the chocolate cracker base: add the chocolate crackers to the blender together with the melted butter and crush them.
- Lay a baking dish with parchment paper and evenly spread the cracker mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the milk chocolate layer: melt the chocolate using the bain-marie method. Split it into squares and add it to a heatproof bowl set above a cooking pot of simmering water. Stir the chocolate as it melts.
- Add the melted chocolate to the baking dish on top of the chocolate cracker mixture and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- For the white chocolate layer: place a cooking pot over low heat and, using a spatula, stir and melt the butter.
- Keep stirring while adding the condensed milk and the vanilla extract. Bring it to a boil and remove from heat.
- Split the white chocolate into squares and add it to the hot condensed milk. Stir until the chocolate melts completely.
- Add the peanuts and mix well. Pour the white chocolate mixture into the baking dish on top of the milk chocolate layer. Spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- For the caramel layer: place a cooking pot over low heat and add the sugar, golden syrup, and a teaspoon of water.
- Caramelize the sugar in cooking and stirring until the mixture turns brown. When it starts to boil add the butter and stir. Add a bit of salt, too, stir and remove from heat.
- Pour this mixture into the baking dish on top of the white chocolate layer. Spread it evenly.
- Cool it for 30 minutes.
- For the top chocolate layer: melt the chocolate using the bain-marie method. As you stir add the vegetable oil.
- Pour this final layer on top of the caramel layer. Spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate the cake for 60 minutes before serving.