Ingredients Needed for Homemade Gnocchi
3 large potatoes, cooked
½ cup flour
½ cup parmesan, shredded
1 tablespoon butter
How to Cook Homemade Gnocchi
- Add the cooked potatoes into a large bowl and mash them.
- Sift the flour and add it over the potatoes. Add the parmesan and mix with a spatula.
- Add the egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Dust your working space with flour and roll the dough into a long and thin strip, around 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick.
- Slice the dough into small little squares and gently press them on top.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and fill it 3/4 with water. Bring to a boil and add the gnocchi with a slotted spatula.
- Cook them for 10 minutes.
- Next, heat a skillet over medium heat, add the butter in it and melt.
- Add the sage leaves and the gnocchi. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Cook the gnocchi until golden and serve them with some shredded parmesan on top.