Ingredients Needed for Homemade Buns
For the buns:
2 cups of warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
3.5 ounces of butter, melted
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 lettuce leaf
2 cheeses slices
1 radish, thinly sliced
1 prosciutto slice
How to Cook Homemade Buns
- Pour the warm water in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, active dry yeast, and stir until they dissolve into the water.
- Keep stirring, and add the milk and 2 eggs, and incorporate them into the mixture.
- Add a pinch of salt and 1 cup of flour, and keep stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Use your hands to knead the dough until you get a smooth and elastic dough.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Pour the melted butter over the dough.
- Spread flour on your working surface and knead the dough for 3-4 minutes, to incorporate the butter.
- Place it in the bowl once again, cover it with a towel and let it rise for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/190°C.
- Grab the dough, place it on your working surface and divide it into approximately 16 round balls, around 3 inches (7.5 cm) in diameter.
- Superficially score the buns on top.
- Crack the remaining egg, whisk it, and spread it over the buns.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the buns over it.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 45 minutes.
- After they’re ready, you can use the buns to make all kinds of sandwiches.
- If you’re lacking inspiration, you can try the following recipe:
- Slice the bun through the middle, and spread ketchup on the bottom side. Top it with lettuce, cheese, radish, prosciutto, and top it with a few chili flakes.